Skin care is one of the most important things for me since I was struggling with huge acne problems in middle school. Now I know, your skin is something you have to treat well and give it a break from time to time. On days I don’t work or don’t go to university, I try to pamper myself a little with my favorite products.
made with honey, sugar crystals and precious oils.
You will notice on the pictures, I first accidentally applied it to my face. (always read first lol) But, you may not use it on the face because the sugar crystals are too big and can irritate your skin. For best use, gently scrub your damp body with it once or twice a week and wash it off with warm water. The smell of the honey is irresistible and so sweet, you will want to eat up the entire pot.
My mom also taught me: “The best beauty products are the ones you can make yourself from natural products at home!”
So here are my 3 Ideas of masks, peelings and skincare you can easily make by yourself with a low budget.
- Honey sugar scrub (Body, face, lips) : you need raw honey, baking sugar, fresh lemon juice. For the perfect texture add more sugar if the mixture is runny. If the mix is too thick, add more honey. Then apply gently to your face with fingers. Leave for 10 min as mask or massage in circles on your face for approximately 50 seconds and then leave it on your face for 5 more minutes. Rince off with warm water and done 🙂
- Honey and Avocado face mask : you need one fresh avocado which you have to mash up into creamy pulp in a bowl, add one Tb. of honey and mix up until it turns into a uniform paste. Apply it to your skin and leave it on for about 10-15 minutes. in the meantime, relax! Rinse off the mixture with warm water and pat dry your face with a soft towel.
- Skin Acne cream (face) : for this self-made acne cream you will need 7 drops of tea tree essential oil and a cream base as for example : Aloe Vera gel or Shea butter. Just mix up both and you have a very effective cream against acne. Apply by night, because the tea tree essential oil smells very strong!
- Coconut oil Hairmask : for smooth and shiny hair you will need one avocado, coconut oil and rosemary essential oil, which you can get in every organic grocery store. The oils from the avocado and coconut will hydrate your hair, while the rosemary will add shine to it. Leave for one hour. Wash thoroughly with lots of water to avoid oily hair in the morning. Apply once in a month, your hairdresser will notice it!
Now take some time for yourself and try my tips. Would love to hear your opinions in the comments.
* Ad / sponsored by Nuxe France